Jamespropertyuniversity.io (and websites related including the James Property podia website)
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS AND SCOPE
When you ("User," "you," "your," or "member") browse the Site, register for a membership, participate in any surveys or promotions, request customer support, or utilize any products, services, or other materials provided on or through the Site, you may be required to disclose certain personal and non-personal information to us. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, payment information, account credentials, demographic information, preferences, and other relevant data. We shall collect, use, process, store, and disclose such information in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Policy, and as permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By using, accessing, or otherwise interacting with the Site, you represent and warrant that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Policy. You hereby acknowledge and expressly consent to the collection, use, processing, storage, and disclosure of your information by us, our affiliates, partners, and authorized third parties as described in this Policy. Furthermore, you agree that we may share your information with regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies, or other parties as required by law or in response to valid legal process, including subpoenas, court orders, or search warrants.
Your consent to this Policy also extends to any updates or modifications we may make to this Policy from time to time. We reserve the right to amend, update, or modify this Policy at our sole discretion and without prior notice to you. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon their posting on the Site, and your continued use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of such changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about our data privacy practices.
If you do not agree with any portion of this Policy, or if you cannot provide the required consents, you are strictly prohibited from further use or access of the Site and must immediately discontinue any and all interactions with the Site and its associated services. In
such cases, you should contact us to request the deletion or anonymization of any personal information we may have collected from you in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT, USE, AND PROCESS
Our primary purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with our products, services, and a personalized experience on the Site, but we will also utilize this information in conjunction with the operation, maintenance, enhancement, and continual improvement of the Site and our business. Additionally, we may share this information with our affiliates or third parties for use in their businesses, marketing efforts, analytics, or other purposes in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
When you access, visit, register for, and/or otherwise use the Site, we will learn, collect, store, and use:
• Personally identifiable data and information about you, such as your name, physical and/or electronic mail address, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, date of birth, government-issued identification numbers, and other data or information that can be used to specifically identify you (all such personal data and information is collectively referred to herein as, "Personal Information"); and
• Non-personally identifiable information about you, such as demographic information, location, age, gender, interests, browsing behavior, and data on your use of the Site and other online activities ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information").
Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information are together referred to herein as "Information."
Using the Site: When you access, visit, and/or use the Site, we automatically receive and store the uniform resource locator (URL) of the prior webpage that you were on and the webpage that you go to after leaving the Site. We also collect information about your device, such as the device type, operating system, and device identifiers.
Additionally, we receive and store supplementary Information, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser types, domain name, language preferences, time zone, and other statistical data involving your access, browsing, and use of the Site. This Information is generally collected passively using various technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and log files, but this Information may also be provided by you through interactions or communications with the Site or us. We may combine the Information we collect with data from third-party sources, including social media platforms, advertising networks, and analytics providers, to enhance our understanding of user behavior and preferences and to improve our products, services, and marketing efforts.
By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that we may process your Information for the purposes described in this Policy, including but not limited to providing and improving our products and services, communicating with you, marketing, analytics, research, compliance with legal obligations, and protecting the security and integrity of the Site and our business.
3. COOKIES, TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES, AND DATA COLLECTION METHODS
At Jamespropertyuniversity.io, like many other websites, we employ a range of cookies, tracking technologies, and data collection methods to enhance user experience, monitor site usage, and facilitate improvements to our platform. These technologies allow us to remember personal preferences, ensuring seamless site functionality. When you access our site, cookies are automatically placed on your computer. Members who prefer not to have cookies on their devices can configure their browsers to block them. However, please be aware that disabling cookies may lead to limited functionality of some site features.
We also gather information through various commonly used techniques and technologies, such as data collection via your browser, computer, mobile device, or tablet. Other methods include pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash objects, and your IP address. If you choose to disable information collection through these means, some site features may not function properly.
In addition, we utilize third-party programs, software, and applications, such as Google Analytics, to analyze user behavior, enhance our site, and support our business operations. To ensure site security and availability, we may use programs, software, and applications that monitor network traffic, detect unauthorized attempts to upload or alter information, and prevent damage to our site or Jamespropertyuniversity.io.
When you visit our site, we automatically collect various types of information, including the uniform resource locator of the previous webpage you were on, the webpage you visit after leaving our site, your computer's IP address, your operating system and browser type, your location, the date and time of your access, the pages you view on our site, and other information related to your visit. Additionally, we may collect information when you interact with our site or engage with our customer service team, in order to assist you and further enhance the overall functionality and user experience of our platform.
4. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT CREATION
In order to become a registered user of the Site or to use or obtain certain products or services offered on or through the Site, we will request, and you will need to provide us with, Personal Information such as your name, postal and/or email address, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, and, if applicable, billing and credit card information. Registered users who sign up for any trial membership, premium membership, or other account, product, or service must also provide billing and credit card information. Without providing Personal Information, you cannot create an account, become a registered user of the Site, or obtain our products or
services. We will utilize this Information to provide our products and services to you, in connection with our business and operations, and in other ways that are provided in this Policy. We may also collect certain other optional Information from you, such as demographic information, location, age, or gender.
5. PUBLIC FORUMS
We may operate a public forum on the Site. Any Information you disclose in a chat room or public forum becomes public information. If you post Personal Information online, in a chat room, or anywhere on the Site that is accessible to the public or to other users, you have made that information available to the public, and it is no longer private. In that case, other people may receive, collect, and use that Information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether to post or disclose any of your Personal Information or any other Information in any chat room or forum, including any public or private chat room or forum on the Site. Please note that Personal Information you have published on any chat room or forum, including any chat room or forum on the Site, may remain publicly available even if you request that such Information be internally deleted by Jamespropertyuniversity.io. We will not post your Personal Information in any public chat rooms or forums without your explicit consent.
6. DATA RETENTION AND STORAGE
Once the need to retain your information no longer exists, we implement appropriate measures to securely delete, dispose of, or anonymize the data, adhering to all relevant laws and regulations. Our approach to data retention and storage is focused on maintaining the utmost security and privacy of your information while enabling seamless site functionality and adhering to our obligations.
7. SECURITY MEASURES AND SAFEGUARDS
We take the security and protection of your Information seriously. We employ a variety of technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures may include the use of encryption, secure sockets layer (SSL) technology, firewalls, access controls, and other security protocols. However, please be aware that no security measures are perfect, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Information.
8. INFORMATION EXCLUDED FROM COLLECTION
At Jamespropertyuniversity.io, our focus is solely on providing property informational resources. We do not engage in offering personalized investment advice, managing securities for others, or facilitating transactions. Our platform is dedicated to offering impersonal advice and information, empowering users to independently explore property-related topics. Our communication with users is limited to the contact information and social media accounts provided on our site. We will never ask for your social security number, provide personalized investment advice, or request disclosure of information related to your financial or securities accounts. If you come across any fraudulent activity or receive requests for sensitive information, please promptly report it to us at email@example.com. We are committed to safeguarding your information and maintaining a secure informational environment.
9. UTILIZATION OF YOUR INFORMATION: SCOPE AND APPLICATION
Jamespropertyuniversity.io and its affiliates may utilize your personal information for a wide range of purposes related to their business or operations, such as:
• Delivering our products and services, operating the site, and addressing your inquiries and requests,
• Managing your account and membership, processing subscriptions, and handling billing-related activities,
• Authorizing external vendors or entities to perform services on our behalf,
• Sharing information about the site's content, products, or services you've applied for or may be interested in, as well as updates to terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information,
• Distributing marketing communications that may interest you, including tailored advertisements or offers from us or our affiliates,
• Personalizing your experience on our site,
• Verifying your identity and/or location for account access, fraud prevention, and to safeguard your account and personal information,
• Allowing your participation in surveys, market research initiatives, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, and administering these activities (which may have additional rules outlining the use and sharing of personal information),
• General business purposes such as managing and operating the site, developing new services and products, conducting data analysis, audits, enhancing products and services, improving the site, identifying usage trends, and evaluating promotional campaign effectiveness,
• Risk control, fraud prevention, and detection,
• Enforcing the Terms and Conditions agreement of Jamespropertyuniversity.io,
• Protecting the rights and property of Jamespropertyuniversity.io or its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, or agents, and
• Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, and law enforcement requirements in the United Kingdom.
As a user of our site and services, it is essential for you to understand that you are responsible for any fees or costs associated with receiving communications from Jamespropertyuniversity.io or its affiliates. These costs may include data, internet, mobile/cellular carrier, or other similar fees arising from your interaction with our site, products, or services. By continuing to use our site, you acknowledge and accept this responsibility.
10. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION: SCOPE AND RECIPIENTS
Jamespropertyuniversity.io is committed to safeguarding your information, but there are certain circumstances under which we may sell, disclose, share, or provide your name, physical address, email address, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, and non-personally identifiable information to third parties. We may also share your information with third parties in the following situations:
• When required by law or to comply with legal processes, such as civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders, or other compulsory disclosures mandated by law,
• In response to claims of violations of third-party rights, whether involving a user, individual, entity, or government agency,
• For detecting and preventing fraud and other illegal activities, or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, and
• For any purpose related to the business or operations of Jamespropertyuniversity.io or its affiliates.
We may also disseminate or provide non-personally identifiable information or other aggregated anonymous data to third parties (including sub-processors) concerning site users or usage for purposes that we deem appropriate, at our sole discretion.
Jamespropertyuniversity.io may post and utilize any testimonials you provide about the site for marketing and promotional purposes. Testimonials and other marketing materials may include personal information (such as your first name and general location) that you have provided to us.
In connection with business transfers, Jamespropertyuniversity.io may disclose your information to third parties as part of selling the company's stock or assets, or due to a proposed or actual change in control of the company. This may also occur in conjunction
with any financing or investment in the company by a third party. Any successor or assignee of Jamespropertyuniversity.io, including any third party to which we transfer or sell our assets, will have the right to continue using your information.
11. ACCESS AND SAFEGUARDING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Jamespropertyuniversity.io, we prioritize the access and safeguarding of your personal information, as outlined below:
Access and Modification Rights:
You have the right to access, modify, and correct certain personal information provided to us through your account information on the site. If you wish to access, modify, or correct personal information not available through your account information, you may contact us using the contact details provided on our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request promptly and accommodate your needs.
Storage and Security Measures:
We store your personal information in databases or servers owned and maintained by us or our affiliates, agents, or service providers. To protect your personal information, we employ commercially reasonable measures and follow industry-standard security protocols. However, it is essential to recognize that no system is entirely secure. While we strive to protect your personal information using the best available measures and security practices, we cannot guarantee that your information will always remain secure. As such, it is crucial for users to take necessary precautions and remain vigilant about safeguarding their personal information while using our site and services.
12. EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS
Jamespropertyuniversity.io may contain links to external websites for your convenience and information. However, we are not liable or responsible for the practices employed by these linked websites, the information or content contained within them, or any third party's use of information or other data that we have sold, disclosed, shared, or otherwise provided to them. Please be aware that when you use a link to navigate from our site to another website, this Policy ceases to be in effect.
Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including those that have a link on our site, are subject to that website's rules, terms and conditions, and/or policies. We strongly recommend that you review the privacy policies and terms of service of any external websites you visit to understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
Additionally, we do not endorse or assume responsibility for any content, products, or services offered by these external websites. Any concerns or questions regarding these linked websites should be directed to the respective website administrators or webmasters. By using
our site, you acknowledge and accept that we are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or any other policies of external websites linked to or from our site.
13. PROTECTION OF MINORS
Jamespropertyuniversity.io takes the protection of minors seriously and has implemented age restrictions to ensure the safety and privacy of underage individuals. The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information, including personal information, from individuals known to be under 13 years of age.
Moreover, registration for and use of the Site by persons under the age of 18 is expressly prohibited. We have put in place measures to prevent underage individuals from accessing our services, and we remain committed to upholding these restrictions to protect the privacy and safety of minors.
If we become aware that we have collected any information, including but not limited to personal information, from a person under the age of 13, we will take appropriate measures to remove said information. Parents or guardians who believe that their child has provided personal information to Jamespropertyuniversity.io without their consent are encouraged to contact us immediately so that we can address the issue and ensure the protection of the minor's privacy.
14. GDPR COMPLIANCE
Jamespropertyuniversity.io is dedicated to ensuring the protection and privacy of personal data for European Union (EU) residents, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy is designed specifically for EU users or members and outlines our commitment to safeguarding their personal information.
Jamespropertyuniversity.io has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of your personal data. These measures also aim to uphold your rights as a data subject. EU users or members have specific rights under the GDPR, including but not limited to the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data, the right to access their personal data held by us, the right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data, the right to erasure of their
personal data, the right to restrict the processing of their personal data, the right to data portability, the right to object to the processing of their personal data, and rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
15. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
The legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it. Jamespropertyuniversity.io processes your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We rely on several legal bases for processing your personal data.
One legal basis is the performance of a contract. Jamespropertyuniversity.io processes information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. This includes, but is not limited to, providing you with our informational courses, enabling you to access and use the Site and its features, and allowing us to send you important service updates and notifications.
Another legal basis is our legitimate interests, provided that these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests. Examples of legitimate interests for which we may process your personal data include, but are not limited to: direct marketing and promotional activities; fraud prevention and detection; network and information systems security; responding to your inquiries and communications; improving, enhancing, and personalizing our services; and conducting internal research and analysis to better understand our users and tailor our offerings accordingly.
In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect information about you, such as when we are required to comply with a court order or other legal process. We may also need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person, such as in cases where disclosure of the information is necessary to prevent serious harm or to protect the safety, health, or well-being of an individual. These legal obligations and protection of vital interests serve as additional legal bases for processing personal data.
16. RIGHT TO ACCESS PERSONAL DATA
As a data subject, you have a right to obtain confirmation from Jamespropertyuniversity.io as to whether we are processing your personal data. If we are processing your personal data, you have the right to access a variety of information. This includes details on the purpose(s) of the
processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed. You are also entitled to know the envisaged period for which your personal data will be stored, or the criteria used to determine that period, along with information regarding your rights, such as the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, or to object to processing.
Additionally, you have the right to be informed about any automated decision-making processes involving your personal data, including the logic behind them and the potential consequences for you. If we did not collect your personal data directly from you, you have the right to obtain information regarding the source of your personal data. Furthermore, if we intend to transfer your personal data to a third country or international organization, you have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards used in connection with the transfer.
It is important to note that the right to access personal data is not absolute. There may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide access to all or part of your personal data, as permitted or required by applicable data protection laws and regulations. In such cases, we will inform you of the reasons for denying or restricting access to your personal data and will provide you with information on your rights and available remedies, as appropriate. In certain situations, we may also be obliged to disclose your personal data to authorities or other third parties, as required by law or to protect vital interests.
17. RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION OF PERSONAL DATA
As a data subject, you have the right to request from Jamespropertyuniversity.io the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. This means that if any information we have about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it. Furthermore, considering the purposes for which we process your personal data, you also have the right to request the completion of any incomplete personal data concerning you. This ensures that all the information we hold about you is up to date and accurate, helping to prevent any potential issues arising from incorrect data.
provide you with the best possible service while also complying with data protection regulations.
18. RIGHT OF ERASURE
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data from Jamespropertyuniversity.io based on any of the following grounds: your personal data is no longer necessary concerning the purposes for which we collected or otherwise processed it; we collected or otherwise processed your personal data based on your consent, and you have since withdrawn your consent; you have exercised your right to object to processing, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for Jamespropertyuniversity.io to continue processing your personal data; we have unlawfully processed your personal data; compliance with a legal obligation imposed by the EU or the law of any EU Member State requires the erasure of your personal data; or we have collected your personal data in relation to the offer of information society services.
Please be aware that your right to erasure is not absolute and may not apply where Jamespropertyuniversity.io's processing of your personal data is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, compliance with a legal obligation imposed by the EU or any Member State, or for carrying out a task in the public interest, or establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims. In these cases, we may be unable to erase all or part of your personal data, as permitted or required by applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will inform you of the reasons for denying or restricting the erasure of your personal data and will provide you with information on your rights and available remedies, as appropriate.
19. RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
You have a right to request that Jamespropertyuniversity.io restricts the processing of your personal data under any of the following conditions: you contest the accuracy of your personal data being processed by Jamespropertyuniversity.io and request a temporary restriction on processing for a sufficient period to enable Jamespropertyuniversity.io to verify its accuracy; Jamespropertyuniversity.io's processing of your personal data is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of your personal data and instead request a restriction on its use; your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which Jamespropertyuniversity.io has collected or otherwise processed it, but you require the retention of your personal data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or you have exercised your right to object to processing, and Jamespropertyuniversity.io is in the process of verifying whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data.
If you validly exercise your right to restrict processing, Jamespropertyuniversity.io may store your personal data but cannot otherwise process it without your consent, except where processing your personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; processing is required to protect the rights of another natural or legal person; or processing is necessary for reasons of important public interest of the EU or a Member State. In such cases, Jamespropertyuniversity.io will inform you before lifting the restriction on processing.
20. RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by Jamespropertyuniversity.io under certain circumstances. If the processing of your personal data is based on legitimate interests pursued by Jamespropertyuniversity.io or a third party, you can object to such processing on grounds relating to your specific situation, including personal or family circumstances, health-related concerns, or any other factors that may significantly affect your rights and freedoms. If you exercise this right, Jamespropertyuniversity.io shall no longer process your personal data unless it can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Additionally, you have the right to object, at any time, to Jamespropertyuniversity.io's processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing, as well as any potential sharing or selling of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, Jamespropertyuniversity.io shall cease processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes without any further action required on your part and shall inform any relevant third parties of your objection.
21. RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
The right to data portability allows you to maintain control over your personal data and to reuse it across different services. It ensures that you can easily switch between different service providers or platforms without losing your data or having to re-input it manually. This right aims to promote competition and innovation by encouraging interoperability between different platforms and services. When exercising your right to data portability, the personal data that you may request could include your account information, transaction history,
preferences, and any other information that you have provided to Jamespropertyuniversity.io. The data portability right does not extend to any data that Jamespropertyuniversity.io has generated or inferred about you, such as analytics data or any information derived from your activities on the platform.
Jamespropertyuniversity.io is responsible for taking the necessary precautions to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data during the transmission process. This may involve encrypting the data to prevent unauthorized access or tampering. Additionally, Jamespropertyuniversity.io should provide clear instructions on how to request data portability and any technical requirements that the third party must meet to receive the data. When considering a third party to receive your personal data, it is essential to verify that they have appropriate data protection measures in place and comply with relevant data protection laws and regulations. It is also crucial to ensure that the third party's data processing activities align with your expectations and consent.
Keep in mind that the right to data portability does not equate to the right to erasure. Although you may have transmitted your personal data to a new service provider, you may still need to request the erasure of your data separately if you wish to delete your data from Jamespropertyuniversity.io.
In summary, the right to data portability promotes user control over personal data and encourages competition and innovation among service providers. By exercising this right, you can request a copy of your personal data or have it transmitted directly to a third party, provided it is technically feasible and does not infringe upon the rights and freedoms of others.
22. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT TO PROCESSING
If you believe that the processing of your personal data by Jamespropertyuniversity.io is unlawful or improper, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. This authority is an independent public authority established by an EU Member State under Article 51 of the GDPR. To lodge a complaint, you should contact the Supervisory Authority in the Member State where you are a citizen.
They will then make their best effort to assist you in identifying the appropriate Supervisory Authority in your jurisdiction.
23. RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
Lodging a complaint with a Supervisory Authority provides you with a formal avenue for addressing concerns regarding the processing of your personal data. The Supervisory Authority will investigate your complaint and may take enforcement action against Jamespropertyuniversity.io if it determines that there has been a violation of data protection laws and regulations. By exercising your right to lodge a complaint, you can help ensure that your personal data is processed in compliance with applicable laws and that your privacy rights are protected.
24. INTENTION TO TRANSMIT YOUR DATA TO A THIRD COUNTRY
Jamespropertyuniversity.io takes the protection of your personal data seriously when transmitting it to third countries. To ensure the safety and integrity of your data, the company employs various safeguards such as encryption and other commercially reasonable measures and practices.
This comprehensive policy applies to Jamespropertyuniversity.io website, its associated mobile applications, affiliated websites, and any information collected through these platforms. The policy is effective as of the date specified above, replacing and superseding any previous privacy policies. Jamespropertyuniversity.io maintains the right to revise this policy at any time without prior notice. By using the website, you agree to be bound by the current version of the policy and acknowledge your responsibility to regularly check the site for updates.
Jamespropertyuniversity.io is committed to notifying users of significant changes to the policy through various communication methods, such as email, a check box, highlighted text on the website, or other methods deemed suitable. In case of any discrepancy between this policy and the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail in interpreting and enforcing the conflicting provisions.
Users who access the website and its associated products and services from other locations are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in their jurisdiction. Jamespropertyuniversity.io reserves the right to limit or restrict the availability of its website and services to specific individuals, geographic areas, or jurisdictions based on its sole discretion.
In the event a court or arbitrator finds any provision of this policy to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the provision will be modified to render it enforceable and effective to the greatest extent possible while preserving the original intent. Should a court or arbitrator still find the modified provision invalid, illegal, void, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this policy will remain unaffected.
For any questions, concerns, or inquiries related to this policy, you can reach out to Jamespropertyuniversity.io at firstname.lastname@example.org. By using the website, you demonstrate your consent and agreement to this policy. If you disagree with any aspect of this policy, please exit the website immediately. Your continued use of the website, its products, and services serves as an indication of your acceptance and adherence to the policy. Last updated on May 30, 2023
Let’s talk about your privacy
(the “Site”) and the services, features, content or applications we offer (together with the Site, the “Services”).
We receive information about you from various sources, including: (i) if you register for the Site and the Services, through your user account on the Services (your “Account”); (ii) your use of the Services generally; and (iii) from various third party websites and other services. All defined terms not defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service, available at https://www.podia.com/terms
What does our policy cover?
Note that we may also process Personal Data of our users’ own customers, end users, or employees in connection with our provision of services to customers, in which case we are the processor of Personal Data for purposes of the GDPR. If we are the processor of your Personal Data (i.e., not the controller) for purposes of the GDPR, please contact the controller of your Personal Data (i.e., the user or individual providing the course, product, or other offering in connection with which you provided your Personal Data) in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
What Personal Data does Podia Collect From You?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Billing zip code and/or country of residence
By providing Personal Data of others to Podia, you represent that you have authority to do so. All information that you enter or upload about your non-users will be covered by Podia’s Terms of Service, accessible at https://www.podia.com/terms
. We disclaim responsibility for the information of others that you provide to us in the course of your use of the Services.
In order to collect payments on your behalf from your customers, and provide payments to you, we, using Stripe as a third-party payment processor, collect payment information from you, your attendees and customers, your vendors, and other parties to whom we provide payments on your behalf and from whom we collect payments on your behalf. This information is used solely to collect and provide payments related to the Services, and is only stored by Stripe. You should review the terms of service and privacy policies of Stripe, available at https://stripe.com/us/legal
Information we receive from third party sources: We have built services from some third parties into the Site, and those third parties provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Account information for third party services: If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (for example, signing up for an account with Facebook Connect), or if you share content from our Services through a third party social media service, the third party service will send us information about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service.
- Information from our advertising partners: We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our Site and Services.
Information we automatically collect when you use our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information and click tracking
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (see below for more information)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
Additional Information about Cookies:
Cookies can either be “session Cookies” or “persistent Cookies”. Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that are stored on your device while you are visiting our Site or using our Services, whereas “persistent Cookies” are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Site or Services. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We use persistent Cookies to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Services, how often you return, how your use of the Services may vary over time. We also use persistent Cookies to measure the effectiveness of advertising efforts. Through these Cookies, we may collect information about your online activity after you leave our Services. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” or “DNT” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, and web applications, and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Because we collect browsing and persistent identifier data, the Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave our properties.
Some Cookies are placed by a third party on your device and may provide information to us and third parties about your browsing habits (such as your visits to our Site or Services, the pages you have visited and the links and advertisements you have clicked). These Cookies can be used to determine whether certain third party services are being used, to identify your interests, to retarget advertisements to you and to serve advertisements to you that we or others believe are relevant to you. We do not control third party Cookies.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies that are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functionality Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies. Retargeting/Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you. For more information about this, please see the section below titled “Additional information about interest-based advertisements.”
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find our more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
.Additional information about interest-based advertisements:
- We may serve advertisements, and also allow third party ad networks, including third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms, to serve advertisements through the Services. These advertisements may be targeted to users who fit certain general profile categories or display certain preferences or behaviors (“Interest-Based Ads”). Information for Internet-Based Ads (including Personal Data) may be provided to us by you, or derived from the usage patterns of particular users on the Services and/or services of Third Parties. Such information may be gathered through tracking users’ activities across time and unaffiliated properties. To accomplish this, we or our service providers may deliver Cookies, including a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and repo rting for us and for advertiser s. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Web beacons allow ad networks to view, edit or set their own Cookies on your browser, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
- Through the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over ads that are customized based on their online behavior across different websites. To make choices about Interest-Based Ads from participating third parties, including to opt out of receiving behaviorally targeted advertisements from participating organizations, please visit the DAA’s or NAI’s consumer opt out pages, which are located at https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or https://www.aboutads.info/choices. Users in the European Union should visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s user information website https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
- We do not share your Personal Data with advertisers without your consent. However, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a Cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Allow you to create and/or manage your digital storefront, your sales pages, and your online courses
- Allow you to create, manage, and/or subscribe to membership software
- Allow you to create, manage, and/or sell digital files
- Allow you to create, manage, and/or sell digital downloads and online courses
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Discover others who might be interested in the Services
- To identify trends and other statistical information that may be useful to our business
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity,” meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- First and last name
- Email address
- User Content (which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content)
- IP address
- Billing zip code and/or country of residence
Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- First and last name
- Email address
- IP address
- Billing zip code and/or country of residence
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services, directly to you and to others
- Provision of customer support
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Analytics service providers
- Hosting service providers
- Marketing service providers
- Email providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services, including vendors
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies.
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our Terms of Service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Maintain the security of our products and services.
As part of the Services, you will receive from Podia email and other communications. You acknowledge and agree that by availing yourself of the Services, you allow Podia to send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your use of the Services.
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so. Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Data as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Data by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Podia cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Do We Store the Personal Data of Children?
As noted in the Terms of Service accessible at https://www.podia.com/terms
, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com
What Do Users in the European Union Need to Know?
Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
By law, users in the European Union, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland have certain rights with respect to their Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please visit your Account settings at https://app.podia.com/account/billing
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by email ing email@example.com.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also be able to correct some of this information directly by making updates to your account.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Podia’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Podia and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Podia in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Podia to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. If you live in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, or Norway, you hereby consent to the transfer of your data in accordance with Exhibit B to the EU Data Processing Addendum, which can be located https://www.podia.com/dpa
. Please contact us at email@example.com
with any questions or concerns.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
Podia Labs, Inc.firstname.lastname@example.org
228 Park Ave S, PMB 96490
New York, NY, 10003-1502